Late Summer Salad with Grilled Zucchini and Tomatoes
Autumn is sneaking up on us here in Provence as we see in the final days of summer. With some exquisite seasonal vegetables harvested over the sunny season, we took the opportunity to cook up some of our favourites to enjoy them to the full until we see their return again next year. The smoky-sweet taste of grilled vegetables is a go-to here at the Domaine Mirabeau and grilled zucchini (courgette) is a firm family favourite. Serve this late summer salad as a lunch dish or a light starter course for dinner, paired with Mirabeau Wine bien sûr.
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- 4 Zucchini different colours, finely sliced into ribbons
- 2 large Tomatoes total roughly 400g (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 Lemon for zest and juice
- 3/4 oz Caper Berries 20 g
- 1 handful of each Fresh Basil and Parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Start by finely slicing the zucchini into ribbons and roughly cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and season the zucchini with olive oil and a little salt. Cook the zucchini slices for a couple of minutes on each side or until you have clearly charred lines. When the zucchini is cooked, set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, roughly chop the herbs and mix with the capers, a little olive oil, the zest and juice of the lemon and season to taste. Season with salt sparingly as the capers will be salty enough. You should have a very loose sauce.
- Toss in a bowl with the zucchini and tomatoes, keeping a small amount back for drizzling!