Summer Salad Watermelon, Melon and Feta Cheese
Here in Provence, we are making the most of summer fruits and veggies! We hope you also enjoy one of our favourite salads of the moment: watermelon, melon and feta cheese a recipe by Sophie Bellard. The combination of sweet melons and salty cheese is hard to resist.
Watermelon in is la pastèque in French. If you are lucky enough to be in Provence, try to use the sweet cantaloupe from Cavaillon. Trust us; this orange melon turns even the most reluctant fruit eaters into fans.
Watermelon, Melon and Feta Cheese Salad
- 1/2 of a small Watermelon
- 1 small Melon should be ripe
- 250 g (8 oz) Feta Cheese
- 1/2 of a Pomegranate
- 2 handfuls of Fresh Mint Leaves
- olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon for juice
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Peel watermelon and melon and cut into cubes (removing seeds where you can).
- Cut feta cheese into small cubes, then combine watermelon, melon and feta in a large bowl.
- Drizzle a little olive oil and lemon juice over the fruit.
- Season to taste with sea salt flakes and black pepper.
- Add fresh mint roughly cut and pomegranate seeds.
- Keep refrigerated until it's time to serve.