Summer Lunch Shrimp Bruschetta with Fennel Salad
Next time you search for a great lunch recipe, this seafood twist on Italian Brushetta is our new summertime go-to. The refreshing acidity of our Mirabeau Pure beautifully complements the lightly buttered lemon and parsley shrimp which are the star of this dish. Enjoy the Fennel and Dill Salad as a side dish, and make some extra for tomorrow’s lunch too. Please follow this link for the original Maison Mirabeau post and video.
Shrimp Bruschetta with Fennel & Dill Salad
- 14 oz Large Raw Shrimp deveined
- 2 Garlic Cloves thinly sliced
- large handful of Parsley roughly chopped
- 2 Lemons
- 4 slices of Ciabatta or Sourdough
- 1 Fennel Bulb thinly sliced
- 1 small handful of Fresh Dill finely chopped
- Mixed leaves
- Olive oil
- Start by preparing your salad, as once the shrimp are cooked, you’ll want to get them out and eat them fairly sharpish! Combine the fennel, dill and mixed leaves in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and finish with a nice pinch of salt. Toss well and set aside.
- Next, bring a pan to medium / high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add the shrimp, and just as they start to colour, add the garlic and a couple of knobs of butter. Keep tossing the pan until all the shrimp are nice and pink, then remove from the heat, add the juice of a whole lemon and the parsley.
- Toast the bread and start plating up using the fennel as a base or side salad.
- Served with a chilled glass of Mirabeau Pure. Enjoy!