Summer Salad with Peach, Asparagus, Mozzarella and Proscuitto
Anna Stanford is a mum of three children and the creative energy behind Anna’s Family Kitchen. Despite a busy schedule, she manages to make healthy, home-cooked meals for her family. At Mirabeau Wine, we were lucky to have Anna create a trio of summer recipes that she paired with some of our wines and dry rosé gin. For this recipe, she combines
ripe peaches, fresh asparagus, mozzarella and prosciutto into a delicious salad that is perfect for a leisurely summer lunch.
Charred Peach, Asparagus, Mozzarella and Prosciutto Salad
- 2 Firm Peaches halved and stones removed⠀
- 100 g (6 slices ) Prosciutto
- 200 g Fresh Asparagus⠀
- 200 g Buffalo Mozzarella torn into 6 pieces⠀⠀
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil⠀
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar⠀ good quality
- a handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan to a medium temperature. Lightly oil the cut side of the peaches and char them for 1 minute. Turn them 180 degrees and char again for another minute. Set aside.
- Add the asparagus spears to the griddle and cook for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients on a platter or individual plates. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar and finish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve simply with crusty bread and a glass or two of Etoile!