Make this Simple Spring Salad
This spring salad recipe is a creation by Lindsay’s Feast. The website’s founder, Lindsay, shared that this salad is an annual staple for her and can be easily adapted to what’s available. The mozzarella can be substituted for feta or parmesan, for example, or thinly sliced courgettes can replace the fennel.
A simple recipe that celebrates what the new season has on offer. At Mirabeau Wines, we like the fresh, light flavours of this salad, and paired with a glass of our Classic Provence rosé it’s magic.
Simple Spring Salad
For the Salad:
- handful of Asparagus tips blanched and shocked
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Shelled Peas blanched and shocked, frozen is fine
- 1 Fennel Bulb quartered, cored and shaved on a mandolin
- big handful of Salad Leaves pea shoots, watercress,spinach
- 1 ball Mozzarella or Burrata
- 1/2 Lemon for zest
- Microgreens or fresh herbs such as mint, tarragon or dill
For the Dressing:
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Honey
- pinch of Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Start by making the dressing. Whisk all the ingredients together in a jug or jar. (You may have more than you need, but it will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.)
- Toss the asparagus, peas, fennel and salad leaves with just enough dressing to coat them.
- Tumble into a bowl or platter.
- Tear up the mozzarella and scatter over the salad, followed by the fresh herbs and microgreens.
- Grate the lemon zest over top and finish with another drizzle of the dressing.
- Serve straight away with a glass of deliciously dry Classic Provence rosé