A Quick Summer Salad with Zucchini Squash
Regardless of location, there is probably nothing I like more than visiting a farmer’s market in the summer. However, if I were honest the daily Provencal marchés and Italian mercatos have a certain amount of charm that our local market lacks. However, with travel restrictions this year, I have been a regular at the nearby market and on my last visit, there was fresh zucchini squash, the inspiration for this quick summer salad.
Summer Zucchini Squash Salad
- 2 small Zucchini
- 2 small Yellow Squash
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Lime Zest
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- Using a zoodle maker, make noodles of the squash, or use a vegetable peeler to create squash ribbons.
- Whisk together lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper and chopped mint and pour over squash mixture. Add cherry tomatoes and toss gently to combine.
- Divide squash salad over four plates, sprinkle evenly with feta cheese and serve immediately.