Two Easy Fruit Desserts
The Provence Gourmet shares two easy recipes for fruit salads; a nectarine fruit salad with mint and a “slice of autumn” version with pears and almonds.
If you are interested in cooking classes and learning some traditional Provencal meals contact Gilles (Provence Gourmet) to find out about his classes.
Nectarine and Mint Fruit Salad
- 1.5kg (3lbs) Nectarines medium ripe, washed
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint washed
Autumn Beauty Fruit Salad
- 1kg (2.2 lbs) Pears medium ripe in season
- 1/2 Kg (1.1 lbs) Grapes
- 50gr (1/4 cup) Almonds chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Almond Syrup
Prepare the Nectarine Salad
- Peel & cut the fruit.
- Chop ½ a bunch of mint leaves.
- Mix and put it in your fridge. Mint will need a little time to impart its flavor to the fruit. Enjoy.
Prepare the Pear Salad
- Peel, rinse and cut the pears in chunks.
- Rinse and cut the grapes in two.
- Add the fruit together in a bowl with a little syrup, mix and reserve in the fridge.
- Just before serving add lightly grilled bits of almonds.