Roasted Scallops a Valentine Recipe by Mirabeau Wine
Contributor blog post by Jeany Cronk @MirabeauWine:
I know most people go to restaurants on Valentine’s day, but in case you are cooking for your loved one here’s a tasty recipe using the well known aphrodisiac scallops and good Provence Rosé ;-) Joking aside, Provence Rosé is a perfect drink for a romantic tête-a-tête …Continue reading here the full story from Mirabeau Wine.
Roasted Scallops with Hazelnut and Rosé Butter on Polenta Mash
- 6-8 Scallots Good quality
- 2 Mashing potatoes Large
- 100 g Polenta
- Milk and Cream
- hazlenuts A handful
- Some nice Greens.. I used steamed Romanesco
- a little rose... Like Mirabeau Pure
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into small chunks. Boil them until they are very soft and mash them, best with a potato ricer.
- Put the mash back in the pot and add the polenta.
- Add a small cup of milk and some cream to get a gooey consistency, then leave on a small heat for the polenta to soften within the mash.
- Prepare your vegetables and keep warm.
- Get your pan nice and hot, add some clean vegetable oil and a knob of butter, fry the scallops both sides until they are nice and a little crispy (about 3 minutes each side).
- Remove the scallops from the pan then fry the hazelnuts in the pan with the left over butter.
- Deglaze the pan with a glug of Rosé and let the alcohol evaporate.
- When not much liquid is left add some more butter to create a bit of a sauce.
- Put a nice blob of mash onto a clean plate, place the scallops on top and add some sauce and nuts over each one using a spoon.
- Chop some chives and sprinkle over, arrange your vegetables beautifully around the perimeter.