Grilled Peaches with Honey and Cinnamon Mascarpone
This recipe for grilled peaches has all the tasty notes of summer – fresh stone fruit, local honey and fresh cheese. Pair this dessert of caramelized peaches with the delicate peachy notes of Etoile rosé go perfectly with this light and elegant dessert, and the spiced cream adds a little something different. Read the original recipe by friends Katie & Safia and the culinary duo behind “We are Cook and Baker” here.
Grilled Peaches with Honey and Cinnamon Mascarpone Recipe
- For the peaches:
- 4 ripe peaches halved and stoned
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- For the honey and cinnamon mascarpone:
- 250 g Mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g flaked almonds toasted, to serve
- Begin by preparing the honey and cinnamon mascarpone.
- Place the vanilla, honey, cinnamon and mascarpone into a small bowl and whisk lightly to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the honey with the balsamic vinegar and use to lightly brush the flesh and skin of the fruit.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot.
- Place the peaches with the flesh facing down onto the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the fruit begins to caramelise.
- Flip them over and leave to cook on the other side until soft.
- Place two peach halves onto each plate with a dollop of mascarpone, a scatter of flaked almonds, and an extra drizzle of honey if preferred.
- Enjoy whilst still warm with a crisp glass of Mirabeau Etoile Rosé.