Summer Picnic Perfect: Grilled Sourdough Tartines with Ricotta, Peach and Basil
As summer approaches, you want options for easy to prepare meals and portable drinks. Our new Pure Provence Rosé Canettes are portable, precisely the refreshing drink you want for your next picnic. The talented Spanish duo Katie and Safia, WeAreCookandBaker created this recipe for Grilled Sourdough Tartines with Ricotta, Peach and Basil.
These easy open-style sandwiches make a lovely light and refreshing DIY summer picnic lunch. Just pack up the individual pre-prepared elements and allow everyone to slather the ricotta onto their griddled sourdough slices with a spoonful of peaches, some pink radicchio leaves, fresh basil, and a drizzle of honey to finish. The caramelised fruit and hint of basil go perfectly with the sweetness of Mirabeau Provence Rosé.
Grilled Sourdough Tartines with Ricotta, Peach and Basil
- 250 g (8oz) tub Ricotta cheese
- 3-4 Peaches chopped
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey plus extra to drizzle
- Chicory or Radicchio
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt flakes
- Sourdough loaf sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
- Toss the chopped peaches with the balsamic vinegar and honey, and spread out onto a roasting tray.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the peaches have softened and begin to caramelise.
- Halfway through the roasting time, shake the tray to ensure the fruit cooks evenly. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot.
- Place two slices of sourdough onto the pan and press down to ensure that the bread chars evenly. Leave for 2-3 minutes until charred on one side, and flip over to repeat on the other side.
- When you’re ready to serve, slather some ricotta over a slice of griddled sourdough followed by a few radicchio leaves.
- Then pile on the roasted peaches, tear off some fresh basil and finish with an extra drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Serve in the sunshine with a crisp glass of Mirabeau Pure Rosé.