Summer Salad Heirloom Tomato and White Nectarine
This recipe combines the ripest of summer produce into a delicious sweet and savoury dish. Building on a classic Italian salad this variation combines heirloom tomatoes, white nectarines, mozzarella and fresh basil on a plate. Serve as a starter course or a lunchtime salad along with crusty baguette. We recommend serving this salad with chilled rosé.
Heirloom Tomato and White Nectarine Salad
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes cubed
- 2 White Nectarines cubed
- 100 g Fresh Mozzarella cubed
- 10 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- a pinch of Salt
- a pinch of Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- a drizzle of Extra virgin olive oil
- a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
- Toss tomatoes, nectarines, mozzarella, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve in small bowls and decorate with fresh basil leaves and edible flowers.