It’s Strawberry Season in Provence a Recipe to Celebrate
Contributor blog post by Aixcentric:
The new fraises garriguettes have arrived in Aix and my goodness are they good!
Some years ago, La Provence published a recipe for a tiramisu with raspberries but I’ve found strawberries are just as delicious, and this is now a firm favourite.
Tiramisu aux Fraises
250g strawberries, sliced
3 eggs – separated
lemon zest or a little juice
10 biscuits ‘Roses de Reims’
- Crush the biscuits to fine pink powder and put half in the base of 4 glasses
- Put mascarpone in a dish and soften it with a fork
- Beat egg yolks with sugar and lemon. Mix into the mascarpone
- Whip the egg whites until firm and fold into the mixture
- Now for the layering: add half strawberries to biscuit layer then cover with cream mixture, and repeat. Decorate with a little of the pink biscuit powder and a slice of strawberry.
La Provence said this is a recipe for 4 but it is quite filling; I do 6 smaller portions. The Roses de Reims biscuits (pink lady’s fingers) are available in Monoprix.