Wonderful Side Dish Tomatoes with Provençal Herbs and Goat Cheese (Bruccio) Quenelles
The Provence Gourmet shares this wonderful side dish made with tomatoes and fresh herbs. Gilles uses Bruccio, which is a fresh goat cheese from the lovely island of Corsica. You can substitute with a ricotta or other fresh goat cheese if you cannot find this Corsican delicacy in your local stores. If you are interested in cooking classes, and learning some traditional Provencal meals contact Gilles (Provence Gourmet) to find out about his classes in Aix-en-Provence, Marseille and the Alpilles.
Tomatoes with Provençal Herbs and Bruccio quenelles
Easy to make and a wonderful combination of local Provencal ingredients.
- 3Large Ripe tomatoesideally at the peak of the season
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepperto taste
- 250g(8oz) Bruccioa Corsican goat cheese or replace with Italian ricotta
- 1small bunch Italian parsleywashed and finely minced
- 1small bunch Fresh Basilwashed and finely minced
- 1small bunch Fresh Chiveswashed and finely minced
- 50g(2oz) Black Olivespitted
Note: Watch with the salt because your olives could be already quite salty.