How to Make Crepes
Although, crepes are not traditional food from Provence add this easy, versatile recipe from the Provence Gourmet in your “go to list.” If you are in Aix-en-Provence (or any where close by) you can find delicious, handmade crepes made by Delphine at Crepes Cidre et Co.
If you are interested in cooking classes and learning some traditional Provencal meals contact Gilles (Provence Gourmet) to find out about his classes.
- 250gr (2 cups) White Flour
- 500ml (2 cups) Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- 50gr (1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- Add all of the ingredients in a blender and mix long enough for the butter to incorporate.
- Allow your crepe batter to rest for at least an hour.
- Heat up a flat pan, spread a little butter with a paper towel on the surface and pour a thin layer of batter on to the pan.
- Once each crepe starts browning a little on the bottom side, lift the sides with your spatula, flip the crepe and remove it once it is browned on both sides.
- Repeat until all your batter has been used up.