Cauliflower Gratin an Easy Side Dish
Cauliflower Gratin is the perfect cold-weather side dish to add to your meal. It is a wonderful combination of baked vegetables, cheese, and bechamel sauce. This gratin is easy to make and can be enjoyed by everyone!
If you are looking for an easy and delicious side dish to complete your meal you should try this recipe!
- 1 Cauliflower
- 6 oz Shredded cheese For the bechamel sauce
- 2.5 oz Butter
- 2.5 oz Flour
- 4 oz Whole Milk
- 2 pinches of Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into large pieces keeping the shape of the flowers.
- Boil in salty water until tender and then drain and set aside.
Make the bechamel sauce:
- Make a roux, by melting the butter on low heat, adding the flour and cooking for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- On medium heat, bring the milk to a boil with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and add the cold roux spoon by soon while whisking.
- Boil gently for 3 minutes.
- In a large baking dish add the cauliflower and spread the hot bechamel on top, add the cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Serve hot with the roast of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Other Side Dishes:
Stuffed Zucchini Halves
Easy to prepare and delicious. A side dish or main course serve warm or at room temperature.Check out this recipe
Cauliflower Salad with Cilantro Pesto
The bright flavours of cilantro, citrus and herbs make for a tasty pesto dressing for the cauliflower. Enjoy this side dish with grilled meat or fish.Check out this recipe
Provencal Baked Potatoes
This potato recipe is an easy side dish that you can serve with meat or fish. It can easily be prepared in advance.Check out this recipe
White Asparagus Gratin
Depending on availability and preference, you can use green or white asparagus. This dish is a terrific, tasty way to celebrate spring. It serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a side dish.Check out this recipe