Cauliflower Gratin an Easy Side Dish
Cauliflower Gratin is the perfect cold-weather side dish to add to your meal. It is a wonderful combination of baked vegetables, cheese, and bechamel sauce. This gratin is easy to make and can be enjoyed by everyone!
- 1 Cauliflower
- 6 oz Shredded cheese For the bechamel sauce
- 2.5 oz Butter
- 2.5 oz Flour
- 4 oz Whole Milk
- 2 pinches of Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into large pieces keeping the shape of the flowers.
- Boil in salty water until tender and then drain and set aside.
Make the bechamel sauce:
- Make a roux, by melting the butter on low heat, adding the flour and cooking for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- On medium heat, bring the milk to a boil with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and add the cold roux spoon by soon while whisking.
- Boil gently for 3 minutes.
- In a large baking dish add the cauliflower and spread the hot bechamel on top, add the cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Serve hot with the roast of your choice.