Wild Mushroom Season in Provence a Chicken Cannellini Cassoulet Recipe
This wild mushroom and white bean (cannellini) cassoulet is a great opportunity to use all the different types of mushrooms available in the market. I used chicken with my mushroom and cannellini cassoulet, but it works equally well with pork or lamb. The cassoulet has loads of flavour and you can use any combination of mushroom varieties.
Chicken with Wild Mushroom and Cannellini Cassoulet
With the taste of an all day slow roasted cassoulet, this quick and easy version is great any day of the week. Tender chicken breasts with creamy cannelllini beans and wild mushrooms is a definite win at the table.
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 300gr Mixed wild mushroomschanterelles, girolles, black trumpet etc...
- 50gr Butter
- 2 Shallotsfinely chopped
- 100ml double cream
- 400gr Tin of white cannellini beansdrained and rinsed
- 200ml Chicken or vegetable stock
- 250ml Dry White Wine
- 2 Garlic Clovefinely chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- Ground Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 10gr Flat leaf parsleyfinely chopped