Learn How to Make Truffle Butter
Truffle butter is easy to prepare and should be done in advance to ensure the flavour is maximized. Use the truffle butter as a condiment, sparingly so as not to overpower the dish. What to do with truffle butter?
Here, are a few delicious ideas:
– eat on fresh bread
– stirred into pasta dishes
– put a slice on a sizzling steak
– stir into scrambled eggs
– mix into risotto
– add to mashed potatoes
– spread on grilled cheese sandwiches
– in the pan sauces with chicken or beef
– tossed into crisply cooked French beans
– melt it over hot asparagus
Easy to prepare and adds that "wow" factor to a dish.
The truffle butter will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge or it can also be frozen.
For more about truffles in the South of France, read this post Elusive Truffles Hunting for Black Gold in Provence.