Quick Mushroom Truffle Omelette for Two
The beautiful thing about eggs is you can eat them for any meal – breakfast, lunch or dinner. Egg dishes are generally quick to make, like this Mushroom and Truffle Omelette recipe.
For the best result, muster the patience to allow the black truffle to “sit” with the eggs. By storing your truffle with the eggs in an airtight container for two (2) days, this allows the truffle fragrance to permeate the eggs.
Mushroom and Black Truffle Omelette
- a handful of mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 4 large Fresh Eggs
- 1 tbsp Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- 15 g (1/2 oz) Black Truffles
- 20 g (2 tbsp) Butter
- Begin by lightly frying the sliced mushrooms in a little butter.
- Crack the eggs into medium-sized mixing bowl and add in the cream.
- Season, whisk together until light and fluffy, then stir in the fried mushrooms.
- Slice your truffles as finely as possible and set aside.
- Heat your non-stick pan, melt the butter, then tip the egg mixture into it, carefully pushing it around on the edges with a flexible spatula.
- When the top of the omelette is almost set, sprinkle your sliced truffles on top then fold it in half.
- Serve immediately with a green salad and some crispy warm bread.