Braised Short Ribs a Hearty Recipe for Autumn
One of the beautiful things about Provence is the changing seasons. In autumn months, the sun takes a longer time to get out of bed and break through the sometimes dense low-level fog. Once the extreme fire risk has lifted, in late September, the farmers are allowed once again to light bonfires. The morning air fills with a light hint of sweet smoke from clippings and dead branches. Evening falls suddenly and early encouraging you to set the table for a warm, hearty meal like this one for braised short ribs.
Braised Short Ribs
This is a dish that your guests will love. It is a great weekend meal, as it can (and should) be made in advance and reheated.
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 6large Boneless Beef Chuck Ribs (well-marbled) or 8 meaty bone-in beef short ribs
- 3tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1large Onionthinly sliced
- 3 Carrotspeeled and cut in thirds
- 1cup Dry Red Winegood quality
- 3large Garlic Clovespeeled and crushed
- 8oz crushed tomatoes
- 1tablespoons Thymechopped
- 1tablespoons Oreganochopped
- 1tablespoons rosemarychopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4cup Flat leaf parsleychopped
- to taste Salt and Pepper
This dish is best made a day ahead so the flavours can "get to know each other."