Mom’s Dijon Chicken a Dinner Classic in Under 30-Minutes
Every cook needs to have a few “go-to” recipes tucked in their apron. These recipes are the ones that you can make without checking to see if you have the ingredients, you know are delicious, and never fail to impress your guests.
For me, my mother’s Dijon Chicken, a simple baked poultry dish that is ready in under 30-minutes, is a go-to combination. This oven-baked chicken is part of a collection of her personal favourites that I included in “From Mom’s Kitchen” a cookbook, which I made for my family to preserve her memory and her recipes.
Side Dishes à la Provencal
Mom's Dijon Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast halves, skinless, boneless about 4-6 ounces each
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons Butter melted
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Shallots minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place trimmed breasts, skinned-side up, in greased baking dish and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix butter, mustard and shallots and spoon over breasts, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on thickness of the chicken.
- Serve with any side dishes that suit your tastes.