Eggplant Starter with Tomato Vinaigrette Vegetarian-Friendly
If you’re looking for a vegan or vegetarian dish to wow your plant-based friends, this take on a traditional terrine is an excellent place to start. Eggplant combined with some bright and flavourful spices make for a firm, tasty starter dish that is fantastic served on its own or with a delicate tomato vinaigrette. You can also enjoy this eggplant starter with a fresh green salad for a meal that’s bound to leave you impressed. Enjoy more of these delicious recipes from our database.
Eggplant Poupetton with Tomato Vinaigrette
- Terrine Pan
- 1 kg Eggplants roughly 2 1/4 lbs
- 8 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Crème Fraîche or sour cream
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash the eggplants, remove the head, rub them with olive oil, salt, and pepper and wrap them in aluminum foil. Cook in an oven at 160ºC (320ºF) for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Let them cool down, cut them in half, and let drain if needed.
- Mix them in a blender or a food processor with eggs, cumin, salt, pepper, and cream, and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour the batter in a terrine or mold and cook 1 hour and 30 minutes in the oven at 180ºC (350ºF)
- Serve cold with the tomato vinaigrette and a green salad.
- For the Vinaigrette:
- Blend everything together and let rest for 30 minutes. Then strain the sauce to remove seeds and skin.