Apricot and Lavender Ice Cream Recipe a Summer Treat
Summer is the time to indulge in a sweet scoop (or a few) of ice cream. This original seasonal ice cream with apricot and lavender tastes just like a mouthful of Provence! Lavender pairs extremely well with stone fruits such as apricot, peach, or plum and bring a subtle and fragrant taste. For ice creams and sorbets, apricots add both a velvety and meaty texture. There are no eggs needed for this recipe, just delicious ripe fruits, sugar, cream and lavender.
If you really want to a treat, serve this dessert with Mirabeau Azure rosé.
The recipe by Sophie Bellard follows:
Apricot and Lavender Ice Cream
- 400 g (14oz) Apricots pitted (ripe, sweet but still firm)
- 1 large White Peach it should be ripe
- 300 g (11 oz) Single or Double Cream
- 90 g (3 oz) Sugar
- 3 stems Untreated Lavender the upper part with the flowers
- In a small saucepan, bring cream and sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the whole lavenders and cover.
- Let the lavender infuse for 10 minutes, then sieve to remove all the flowers.
- Put the apricots and peach in a blender and mix for about 30 sec to 1 min, until smooth.
- Press the apricot purée through a sieve into a blender.
- Add the cream. Mix until homogeneous.
- Cover and put the mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours. You can even prepare it the day before and leave it to rest in the fridge overnight.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions (usually between 20-40 minutes).
- Transfer into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.