Tasty Duck, Roasted Pear and Spinach Salad Recipe
Easy meal from Jeany Cronk @ Mirabeau Wine:
When it’s cold in Cotignac and we crave more substantial dishes, so this salad with the rich, sweet flavours of roasted duck breast and juicy pear comes in handy and let’s not forget the extra dose of green, much needed vitamins from the young spinach leaves and some fried red cabbage. I made this for lunch with my daughter Josie, and scoffed with a nice crispy baguette and plenty of salted butter we were two happy bunnies.
Duck, Roasted Pear and Spinach Salad
- 1 Large bag Young Spinach Leaves
- 2 Pears de-stemmed and quatered
- 1/3 of a head of Red cabbage finely chopped
- First slowly roast the two duck breasts fat down in a pan.
- Once most of the fat has dissolved turn the breasts and finish off on the meaty side.
- All in all this should take about 15-20 minutes max if you like your meat slightly pink.
- You may need to carry on checking to make sure you don’t overcook it.
- Transfer the breasts into a dish with a lid to try and keep them warm.
- Pour most of the fat into a glass, but keep a good coating for the pan you used to fry the meat.
- Roast the pears in the duck fat on both sides, this should be very quick as they brown quickly, then set aside.
- Re-coat your pan with a bit more duck fat and stir fry the finely chopped red cabbage.
- In the meantime prepare some vinaigrette from olive oil, mustard, a drop of water, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the young spinach in a large flat dish, place the roasted duck and pear over the top and add the fried cabbage.
- Then pour some vinaigrette over everything and enjoy!