Quick and Easy Seared Salmon with Tomato-Shallot Ragoût
Make this recipe for seared salmon one time, and it will become a “go-to” quick dinnertime meal for two (or more). The tomato, shallot, caper and olive ragoût is a savoury combination that is similar to a puttanesca pasta sauce. However, my version has no garlic (we don’t like it) and no anchovies, as they would overpower the salmon. This main course is ready in 30 minutes, which along with the ingredients are a few of my favorite things.
Seared Salmon with Tomato-Shallot Ragoût
The tomato ragoût is simple to prepare, you can make it in advance as it will keep for a few days. The salmon takes less than 10 minutes to cook, so dinner is on the table in no time at all.
- 2 6-oz Wild Salmon Fillets
- 1/4tsp Piment d'esplette
- 1/4tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/8tsp Salt
- 2tbsp Full-Flavored Olive Oil
- 3oz Shallotspeeled and cut into chunks
- 3oz Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
- 2tbsp Capersrinsed and drained
- 5 Olivespitted and quartered lengthwise
- 5sprigs Fresh Thymefor the leaves
- 2tbsp Unsalted Butterdivided