Pure Provencal Rosé Spritz Cocktail
Aperol did not invent the Spritz. However, one could believe that was the case with the bubbly, light-orange cocktail appearing in hip bars around the globe. The Spritz Veneziano first arrived in Venice and Northern Italy, in the 1800s, when the region was part of the Austrian empire. Prepared with equal parts of wine and water (eventually carbonated) the ‘Spriss” comes from the German word Spritzen (to spray).
The has cocktail evolved, and so we decided it was time to make our own Provencal Rosé Spritz Cocktail. Perfect for a warm-weather cocktail hour enjoy this rosé spritz along with some tasty nibbles.
Pure Provence Rosé Spritz Cocktail
- 50 ml (1 3/4 oz) Mirabeau Pure Provence Rosé
- 20 ml (4 tsp) Cardamon Syrup
- 50 ml (1 3/4 oz) Eager Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Hibiscus and Grapefruit infusion
- 3 dashes of Grapefruit bitters
- Mix together in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice blocks in a wine glass.
- Garnish with a fine slice of grapefruit.