Pâté Recipe with Pork and Chicken Livers
Chef Anne Challier shared her recipe for this French culinary classic, a pâté made with pork and chicken livers.
Anne Challier and her twin sister Véronique (Vero) offer culinary services in the comfort of your home. Read more on Anne’s culinary background here. Their company – Un air de famille, cuisine et service à domicile – is a bespoke culinary services company. These are some of the tasty services that they offer:
Chef at home (chef à domicile)
Cooking classes (on location in Nimes)
Un air de famille menus are completely flexible based on your tastes, the number in your party, the occasion, and your budget. You work with Anne to determine the final list and then your only job is to enjoy the meal.
Pork and Chicken Liver Pâté
- 430 g (15 oz) Pork fillet
- 350 g (12 oz) Pork back-fat
- 500 g (17 oz) Chicken Livers
- 2 Egg
- 50 ml (1.5 oz) Cognac
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 2 Shallots
- 25 cl (8 oz) Cream
- ¼ tsp Herbes de Provence
- ¼ cup Flat leaf parsley coarsely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Finely chop pork fillet and transfer to a bowl.
- Chop pork back-fat and chicken livers and add to bowl.
- Add egg, cream, Cognac, garlic, shallots, “herbes de provence” and parsley, season to taste, mix well to combine .
- In a terrine, press meat mixture down.
- Bake until an inserted metal skewer feels hot to touch (1 1/2 hours) or until a meat thermometer reads 70C (160F).
- Cool in pan, then refrigerate, weighted down with food cans, until chilled and firm (about 3-4 hours).
- Slice and serve.