Easy Fish Recipe Lemon Thyme Grilled Trout – Truites Grillées
Many people are afraid to cook whole fish, but once you have made this recipe once you will realise that not only is it simple, it is almost failsafe.
The most challenging part of this Lemon Thyme Grilled Trout might be finding fresh trout. If you have a reliable fish vendor, they likely have fresh trout in the spring and summer months. Ask your fishmonger to clean and remove the scales, so you do not need to worry about that messy task when you get home.
Lemon Thyme Grilled Trout Grilled Trout - Truites Grillées
- 2 whole Fresh Trout cleaned, gutted, scales removed
- 2 tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 8 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 whole Lemons washed
- Prepare a grill for medium temperature
- Rinse the fish and pat dry
- Brush the fish with olive oil and salt
- Stuff each fish with lemon slices 3 sprigs of thyme
- Cook on the grill for 6-8 minutes per side until firm to the touch