Butternut Squash Soup – Velouté de Butternut
This Butternut Squash Soup might become your “go-to” for cool fall days. It requires very little preparation and only four ingredients. The heat of your oven will keep you warm while you wait. The recipe quantity will depend on the size of the squash that you buy. This soup will keep for a few days in the fridge. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Enjoy the warmth!
Velouté Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 splash of Cream
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Chop the Butternut squash into medium sized chunks, clean out the seeds and fuzzy bits and place on a baking tray next to the head of garlic.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then peel the squash pieces.
- Squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves and mix with the squash pieces, adding 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and let simmer until the squash is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Mix with a hand blender, then add a good splash of cream.
- Serve warm with crusty bread.