Lemon-Frosted Pistachio Cake for Dessert
Over the years, we have hosted and attended many dinner parties. Usually, it’s a delightful occasion to visit with friends over a meal. Occasionally there is a theme like a milestone birthday or anniversary or a holiday. However, a dinner party based around the song “I never promised you a rose garden” well, that was a first. The task? To bringing a course for the meal that related to our interpretation of the song.
My contribution was this delicious Lemon-Frosted Pistachio Cake, a recipe by food writer and chef Nigel Slater.
Lemon-Frosted Pistachio Cake
The recipe for this delicious dessert is from The New York Times and is the creation of British chef Nigel Slater.
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 8oz Butter
- 1cup (125 g) + 1 tbsp Superfine Sugar
- 3large Eggs
- 1cup (125 g) Unsalted Pistachiosfinely ground
- 1cup (125 g) Blanched Almondsfinely ground
- 1 Orangefor juice and finely grated zest
- 1tsp Rosewater *
- 1/2cup (62 g) + 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1cup (125 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 2tbsp Lemon juice
- Whole Shelled Unsalted Pistachiosfor garnish