Recipe for Fruit Clafoutis a Provencal Classic
The following recipe for a fruit clafoutis comes from Wendy Jaeger the founder of Bliss Travels, a small group tour company. Bliss Travels runs bespoke food and wine trips in France, Italy and Spain. When Wendy is not at home in New Jersey, she bases herself out of a perched village in the Luberon.
Wendy has been close to the food and wine industry for many years as an instructor – read the full story here…
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar plus extra for coating the dish
- 4 oz Crème fraiche
- 8-10 oz Fresh figs, blackberries, cherries or plums cut
- Butter for greasing baking dish
- Powdered sugar or Brown sugar*
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and sugar baking dish.
- Place fruit in single layer on bottom.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over fruit.
- Bake until set, and slightly browned around edges, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- * If using brown sugar, sprinkle on ½ way through baking time and finish cooking.
- * If using powdered sugar, remove from oven, and let cool. Then sprinkle with sugar.
- Serve slightly warm or room temperature.