Recipe Eggplant Caviar
This delicious, creamy eggplant appetizer may not carry the same expensive price tag as caviar, but your taste buds will quickly convert you into a lifetime fan.
The Provence Gourmet shares his recipe for this classic dip (spread) for your next apero. If you are interested in cooking classes and learning some traditional Provencal meals contact Gilles (Provence Gourmet) to find out about his classes.
- 2 Eggplants washed
- 2 tbsp Yogurt (plain) or cream
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 bunch Fresh Corriander washed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to (200c°) 400F
- Put the eggplants in a baking dish in the hot oven for an hour. Take them out and allow to cool.
- Finely chop ¼ bunch of coriander and add crushed garlic, yogurt, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, salt & pepper
- Mix, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary
- Cut the eggplants in two and scoop out the flesh from using a spoon (discard the skin)
- Crush the flesh with a fork and mix it with the yogurt mixture
- Serve fresh on toasts as an appetizer or as a starter with a Mache salad