Must-have BBQ Sauce Verte for Steak and More
It is most definitely that time of year again. Yes … it’s BBQ time! Forget the raw sausages burnt on the outside and the frozen burgers. We’re not re-inventing the wheel here, just good food well-grilled! Each dish pairs with a Mirabeau rosé because why would you have any other colour on the table. If you want to pick one, then it’s Mirabeau Pure, which pairs perfectly with anything from the BBQ. Continue reading here for the full Maison Mirabeau menu including grilled lobster, vegetables and steak.
Below is a recipe for Sauce Verte, a condiment that is quick to make and keeps well. The sauce goes really well with barbequed steak but is also delicious with salmon, potatoes and all of your favourite things.
- 1 small bunch of Fresh Coriander
- 1 small bunch of Fresh Basil
- 1 small bunch of Fresh Parsley
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Red Chili Pepper stem and seeds removed
- 5 Anchovies
- 3/4 oz Cornichons (pickles)
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon for the juice
- Olive oil as required
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- For the sauce verte finely chop all the ingredients, add to a bowl with the mustard and liquid and mix well. Alternatively, you can use a blender if you don’t want to do all the chopping!
- Season to taste with salt & pepper. You can always add extra oil to loosen the sauce if you wish.
- Serve on the side or drizzled all over the steak or fish.