Green Melon Gazpacho Chilled Soup
This tempting recipe by South African chef Paula Sachs is simple to prepare. She served the Green Melon Gazpacho as the starter course for her plant-based menu (it’s vegan-friendly). This chilled soup is a perfect choice for a warm summer evening, or as a light lunch. Serve with freshly-baked baguette and a glass of our Forever Summer rosé.
Green Melon Gazpacho
- 2 ripe Melons
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1 cup Spinach
- handful of Flat leaf parsley
- handful of Basil
- knob of Ginger
- 4 for juice Limes
- pinch of Chili flakes
- pinch of Salt
- Extra water as needed
- 1 tbsp Coconut Yogurt optional garnish
- Peel your melons, remove the seeds and cut into chunks
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit
- Peel knob of ginger
- Place the melon, avocado, spinach, basil, parsley, ginger, chili flakes, and lime juice into a blender and blend until smooth. Add a bit of water, as necessary, to help liquidize the ingredients.
- Season to your liking
- Garnish with black pepper, freshly torn basil and a dollop of coconut yogurt
- Bon appetit et santé!
Other Chilled Soups
Serve any of these soups warm or cold, depending on the weather and your menu.