Cauliflower Soup with Coconut Milk and Fresh Ginger
Let’s face it sometimes you just want a bowl of soup. Aside from bouillabaisse, finding soup on menus in Provence is not that common. However, when the weather is chilly – soup is the answer.
This Cauliflower Soup recipe enhances the flavour of what can be a bland vegetable with coconut milk and fresh ginger for a slightly Asian touch. It’s the perfect soup to make ahead for a dinner party or to have for lunch on a cold spring day.
Cauliflower Velouté (with fresh ginger and coconut milk)
- 2 large Cauliflower Heads broken into florets
- 3 medium Zucchinis
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 big pinch Dried Red Chili Flakes optional
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 cans (13 oz) Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the cauliflowers into florets and the zucchinis into rounds.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast the cauliflower and zucchini rounds in the oven for 50 minutes at 350°F.
- Simmer the roasted cauliflower with coconut milk, stock, cumin and ginger for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or stand up blender), blend the ingredients until velvety smooth.
- Reduce until the soup is thick (like a velouté).
- Garnish with chili flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Serve while it's hot.
Other Cauliflower Recipes:
Are you looking for a culinary getaway? Pitcher and Powell are offering a five-day trip to Marrakesh – October 1-6, 2019. Join a small group of ladies for a culinary adventure. Sign-up now for this combination of cooking classes cook, touring the market, learning about local cuisine and relaxing in a beautiful medina. Click here for more details.