French Salad Dressing Alberta Vinaigrette
Karen Anderson the President and CEO of Alberta Food Tours, Inc. calls the following recipe Alberta Vinaigrette.
The Province of Alberta in Canada has seven signature foods: beef, bison, canola, honey, Red Fife Wheat, root vegetables and saskatoon berries. This recipe highlights two of those – canola and honey – using a fundamentally French technique for making a great vinaigrette.
Salad Dressing Vinaigrette
- as required pinch salt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar of your choice
- 1 tsp Local Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Organic Canola Oil (colza in France)
- to taste Pepper
- 2-3 cups Mixed Greens washed and dried
- 1 cup Tomato and Cucumber chopped
- 2 tbsp Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Dissolve the salt in the vinegar by whisking together in a medium bowl.
- Add the honey and Dijon to the bowl and whisk to a smooth paste.
- Drizzle the canola oil in slowly while still whisking.
- Taste the dressing and season with pepper. Add more salt if necessary.
- Pour the dressing onto mixed greens in another bowl, topped with tomatoes and cucumbers and using your hands gradually toss them to coat evenly with the dressing.
- Divide into two bowls and top each with pumpkin seeds.