Easy Entertaining a Recipe for Mediterranean Chicken with Tomatoes, Olives and Lemon
This gorgeous Mediterranean Chicken recipe was featured in Waitrose Weekend wines the other day, expertly paired by Philip Scholfield with a bottle of Pure. So simple yet so tasty, we were happily mopping up the chicken tomato and lemon juices with bread after making it. Read the original post here, the recipe follows.
Mediterranean chicken with tomatoes, olives & lemon
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 500 g Baby New Potatoes
- 1 Unwaxed Lemon cut into 4 wedges
- 6 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 270 g Cherry Vine Tomatoes
- 100 g Mixed Pitted Olives Mellow Manzanilla and Smoky Kalamata (Waitrose)
- 1/2 of 15 g package fresh Oregano roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7, 430°F.
- Place the chicken, potatoes, lemon and garlic in a large roasting tin.
- Toss with the olive oil and season.
- Roast, with the chicken skin side up, for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes on the vine, olives and oregano to the pan.
- Return to the oven for a further 25 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and thoroughly cooked, and the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
- Serve with any pan juices spooned over.