Crunchy Tomatoes an Easy and Pretty Appetizer
Do you need a go-to appetizer that is easy, quick and the final product is almost too beautiful to eat? This recipe for Crunchy Tomatoes from our foodie friend and chef Anne Challier is all of the above.
Un air de famille is the name of a culinary services company founded in 2009 by twin sisters Anne and Véronique (Vero) Challier. Anne completed her formal training at a hospitality school (culinary arts, hotel services) in Avignon before working on the practical side at a restaurant near St Remy de Provence.
This family-duo provides a variety of culinary services: chef-at-home (chef à domicile), catering (traiteur), cooking classes at their home in Nimes, market tours and wine tasting. Each experience is bespoke you work with Anne to finalise the menu and then just enjoy the meal as Vero takes care of your group.
Book Your Culinary Experience
- 24 Cherry Tomatoes washed
- 500 gr (1 lb) Comté cheese or emmental cheese
- 24 leaves Fresh Savory Leaves (herb from the mint family)
- 1/2 cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 5 tbsp White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 24 Toothpicks
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half
- Cut the cheese into cubes
- With a toothpick skewer a piece of cheese, a savory leaf (or piece of)and a tomato. Place on a plate and set aside, while you make the caramel.
- Make the caramel in a pan over medium heat with sugar and water. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the liquid becomes yellow and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip the tomatoes in the caramel and then in the sesame seeds and serve.