Crispy Salmon with a Lemony Risotto Recipe
Salmon is a rich-flavoured fish that pairs well with most rosés but immediately came to mind as a fantastic pairing for our La Réserve Rosé as it mirrors some of the essential aromas and flavours of this limited edition wine. Please ensure you source your salmon as sustainably as possible for this crispy salmon risotto recipe and choose organic if farmed. Then, enjoy the flavours of this easy salmon dish with a glass (or two) of chilled rosé.
Crispy Salmon with a Lemon Risotto
- 4 Organic Salmon Fillets with the skin on
- 1 cup Risotto Rice Italian short-grain rice
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Shallots
- Thyme and Oregano or other garden herbs, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable stock
- Ensure that any scales are removed from the skin by scraping them over with a sharp knife. Wash the salmon and pat completely dry. Rub the skin with olive oil and salt, set aside.
- Chop up the shallots and garlic and add to a medium heat pan with some olive oil and fry gently. Rinse the risotto rice and add to the pan. Give it a few minutes while turning it over to absorb the lovely flavours. De-glaze the pan with a bit of white or rosé wine if you have some handy, before adding the stock to the rice progressively whilst stirring.
- Follow the cooking instructions on your rice packet, but you want to make sure the outside of the Risotto is creamy, and the inside is still slightly firm. Once you have this consistency turn off the heat and add a squeeze of lemon juice and plenty of zest.
- Then add a chunk of butter or olive oil alongside the herbs, give it a gently stir to integrate the flavours and adjust salt and pepper. Finally, put a lid on the pan to keep the risotto warm.
- Fry the salmon skin down on a hot skillet until crispy and finish it off by turning it over carefully towards the end.
- Plate up the risotto and carefully place the slice of salmon on top. Garnish with a quarter of a lemon and serve immediately.