Cake Aux Olives Vertes – Green Olive Cake
It is time for the olive harvest in Provence, where most of the fruit gets turned into health healthy oil. However, some is left whole for snacking with a glass of local rosé. Here, is a savoury recipe, a quick bread made with olives.
Cake Aux Olives Vertes - Green Olive Cake
This is an easy quick bread blending savoury ingredients. It can be served as an appetizer or a light lunch with a green salad. The ingredients can be changed to suit the season and/or your tastes.
- 1¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder and Soda in France use 1 Package of Levure
- 3/4 Cup Green Olives pitted
- 3/4 Cup Smoked Duck Breast sliced
- 3/4 Cup Gruyère shredded
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Muscat, or sherry
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C)
- Butter and lightly flour a loaf pan
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Add the eggs and mix until well blended and no flour remains
- Add the muscat and olive oil, mix well
- Add the olives, smoked duck and cheese, mix until well blended. The batter will be relatively thick.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, until brown on top and a tester knife comes out clean
- Remove the bread from the pan and cool on a rack or on one side of the loaf
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!