Quick Appetizer Zucchini Tart
This recipe I call “Jacques Zucchini Tart.” It is the perfect appetizer – think chilled rosé with a savoury, lightly salted snack that takes about 30 minutes to pull together. Your guests will be impressed and assume it was a big effort, but as our host at a charming self-catered villa in the Languedoc Jacques explained it is just darn good.
Jacques Zucchini Tart
This tart is easy to make all you need is a few ingredients for the perfect pairing with a glass of chilled rosé. Easy and very tasty, serve as an appetizer or as a light main with a salad.
- 1 package Pate feuilletee
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 1/3 Cup (50g) Almonds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the pastry shell on parchment paper (if it does not come in the package).
- Wash the zucchini and chop in large pieces.
- Put zucchini, cheese, garlic and oil in a food processor and mix until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the zucchini mixture evenly on top of the pastry.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Slice and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!