Appetizer Chèvre Bites with Spices
This easy-to-make appetizer uses local goat’s cheese (chèvre), ripe tomatoes and fresh peaches with just the right amount of spice. The recipe (bouchees de fromage de chèvre aux epices) is found in Provence Food and Wine: The Art of Living with tempting photos (like the one above) by François Millo.
Enjoy these Chèvre Bites with Spices with a glass of chilled Provencal rosé!
Chèvre Bites with Spices
- 2 6- ounce Logs Mild Chèvre
- 2 Ripe tomatoes sliced width-wise
- 1 Ripe Peach sliced
- 1 teaspoon Mild Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Hot Paprika
- 1 tablespoons Fresh Thyme chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the chèvre into ¼-inch slices and arrange on a large serving platter.
- Place the tomato slices over ¼ of the chèvre slices and grind some black pepper.
- Place the peach slices over ¼ of the chèvre slices and grind some black pepper.
- Blend the mild and hot paprika and roll ¼ of the chèvre slices in the mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining chèvre slices with the thyme and grind some black pepper.