Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Artichokes and Goat Cheese
Zucchini flowers are beautiful, delicate, and can be a bit tricky to cook. However, they are also delicious, so don’t shy away from trying this recipe below for zucchini flowers stuffed with fresh goat cheese and artichokes. Serve as a starter course or with a bit more mesclun for a lunch-size salad.
Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Artichoke and Goat Cheese
- 4 large or 8 small fresh Artichokes
- juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ tsp Coriander
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 oz (2/3 cup) Fresh, Mild Goat Cheese (chèvre)
- ½ Celery Rib chopped finely
- 8 Zucchini flowers
- 2-3 cups Mesclun Salad
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes for garnish
- Fill up a medium bowl with water and add the lemon juice.
- Clean the artichokes: Cut off top 1/3 of the artichoke, including spiny tops. Remove the outer leaves by peeling them back until they snap. Using a paring knife, peel stem to remove fibrous outer layer. Remove any remaining tough, fibrous, dark green parts on the outside of the artichoke heart. With a spoon, scoop out the chokes and clean the inside of the artichoke. Immediately put artichokes in bowl of water with lemon.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200C).
- In a small (1-quart [948-mL]) saucepan, bring to a boil the vegetable stock, oil, garlic, coriander, a pinch of salt and a grinding of black pepper.
- Add the artichokes, lower the heat to medium, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain and artichokes and save the cooking liquid. When the artichokes are cool enough to handle, dice them.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chèvre, artichokes, celery, and 3-4 tablespoons of the artichoke cooking liquid. Stir well.
- Gently open the zucchini flowers and using a spoon, fill each flower with as much of the goat cheese (chèvre) mix as it will hold. Arrange the flowers in an oven-safe dish, drizzle with 3 tablespoons the cooking liquid and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- To serve, place two zucchini flowers on each plate. Add some mesclun and dress it with a little of the artichoke cooking liquid and ¼ to ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Garnish with the tomato and serve.
Other Recipes with Zucchini:
Financiers aux Courgettes (Zucchini Financiers) from Martine @ Goût et Voyage
Zucchini Tuna Rolls Appetizer by David at Cocoa & Lavender
Zucchini and Basil Velouté from Martine @ Goût et Voyage
Salmon with Herbed Provencal Chèvre Wrapped in Zucchini by David at Cocoa & Lavender