Savoury Olive Cake Appetizer
Contributor blog post by Aurelie Gilabert:
Aurelie Gilabert, the founder of Avignon Gourmet Tours is an Avignon native, who seamlessly navigates her way between three languages (French, English and Portuguese). She offers guided tours of the papal city with just the right blend of historical information and foodie tidbits – be prepared to sample local treats along your walk. Aurelie agreed to share her recipe for olive cake a savoury appetizer with Perfectly Provence readers.
Savoury Olive Cake
- 100 g Nyons olives pitted
- 150 g Plain Flour
- 2 Free range eggs
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven at 180°C
- Grease and base line a loaf tin (1 litre or 10×20)
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper and sugar until the volume doubles.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, cream and oil. Use a sieve to add the flour and baking powder to the mixture.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 40min. To check if the cake is ready, insert a skewer in the center of the cake, it should come out clean.
- Leave to rest for about 5min in the tin before turning out on a wiring rack to cool.
- You can send us your pics if you give it a go Bon Appétit !