Warm Salad Nicoise a Recipe from Provence
In Nice, where this main course salad gets its name no chef would ever dream of serving a Warm Salad Nicoise.
However, in my part of Provence, the dish is perfect when the weather isn’t. The ingredients (tuna, olives, eggs, peppers and anchovies) are the same as the traditional cold version of this salad, and I serve it at a warmer temperature. The recipe below is in French and English.
Warm Salad Nicoise from Provence
This warm salad is quick to prepare for lunch or a light dinner. Serve with some crusty baguette. For a larger crowd, simply double the quantities.
- 340g (1 cup) haricots vertsGreen Beans
- 340g (1 cup) TomatesTomatoes
- 1bocal (jar) Poivrons GrillésGrilled Peppers
- 1boite (can) Thon à l’HuileTuna in oil
- 2 OeufsEggs
- 1-2 AilGarlic Cloves
- Anchois à l’huileAnchovies in oil
- 12-16 Olives NoiresBlack Olives
- Basilic fraisFresh Basil
- Huile d’OliveOlive Oil
- Sel et du Poivre noir en grainSalt & Fresh Ground Pepper