Quinoa Salad with Feta and Squash from Café Brun in Antibes
The owner of the much-loved French bistro-bar Café Brun in Antibes shares this delicious salad recipe with beets, feta, squash and quinoa.
Nestled in the heart of Antibes Old Town between the Provencal market and Port Vauban. Café Brun was created in a former boulangerie in 2016. Café Brun celebrates the “bon vivant” with generous Mediterranean cuisine, drinks made with love and a mischievous spirit. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly…perfect for lounging over a chilled glass of rosé, watching the world go by.
Bea, who owns Café Brun alongside her husband, Ben, comments on why she chose this dish to share with Perfectly Provence readers, “I absolutely love roasted vegetables like beetroot and squash, and they go so well with crumbled tangy feta and our chef’s homemade lemony vinaigrette in this quinoa salad. So tasty but also pretty healthy!”
Quinoa Winter Salad with Beets, Squash and Feta
- 14 oz Quinoa
- 10 oz Beetroot peeled and cut into cubes
- half a Squash peeled and cut into 2cm (3/4 inch) thick sliced longways (like a moon shape)
- 7 oz Feta crumbled
- handful Cherry Tomatoes halved
- fresh Chives chopped
- small bundle Flat-leaf Parsley roughly chopped
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 small Garlic Clove grated
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt more to taste
- freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Honey or Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Thyme fresh or dried (optional)
- Cook the quinoa following package instructions, then drain it really well using a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- Make the lemon vinaigrette using the ingredients above and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 390F/200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Toss the beetroot and squash with 1 tbsp of the oil and seasoning on a roasting tray, then roast for 30 mins.
- Put the quinoa in a salad bowl, mix the chives, parsley, and cherry tomatoes in half, and dress lightly.
- Assemble the roasted beetroot and squash on top and crumbled feta.
- Add some grated lemon rind, salt, pepper, chives, and parsley to garnish.
Additional Salad Recipes:
Drink Pairing Suggestion: These flavours go superbly with a lovely glass of red wine. Bea recommends Café Brun customers pair this salad with a lovely glass of Pinot Noir.
Café Brun is open seven days a week, all year round, at 8 Rue Aubernon, 06600 Antibes. Follow them on social media @cafebrunantibes or visit their website. Book your table directly with the owner, Bea, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.