Preparing for Family-friendly Walks on the French Riviera
One of the nicest things about living on the French Riviera is the number of walking trails you can discover with your family. There’s plenty of trails that are perfect for all ages throughout the year.
The French Riviera has an incredible amount of history, so you can combine exercise with learning about places, people and the natural environment. Continue reading here to see the original article and learn more about the 100+ walks that they have completed en-famille.
Know Before You Walk
Whether you are a parent or not, when you plan to go on a long walk or hike it is best to be prepared. Here are some of the key things to consider when choosing a trail:
- Time: How long is the walk?
- Is there Parking near the trailhead?
- Facilities along the way – washrooms, picnic tables, a place to buy snacks
- Safety: Is the trail suitable for your group’s ability? Are there narrow sections, uneven pathways, vertical drops?
- Make sure you have the proper footwear, sunscreen, extra layers and water.
- What is your group’s fitness level?
- Always be aware of the weather extremes – heat, cold, and wind.