Lavender Mint Meyer Lemonade a Refreshing Summer Drink
I’ve fallen in love with a new drink this summer – Lavender Mint Meyer Lemonade. It’s been unbelievably hot and sunny in Provence, pretty much non-stop. So this weather is a perfect time to sip while sitting in the shade, listening to cicadas while enjoying a gentle breeze. This lemonade is very refreshing and I am sure it has healing properties, I am certain of it ;)
LAVENDER MINT MEYER LEMONADE Ingredients:
Lavender Mint Meyer Lemonade
- 1/2 - 1 cup Lavender Honey
- 5 cups Water
- 1-2 tbsp Dried Culinary Lavender from Sault is the best
- 1 cup Fresh-Squeezed Meyer Lemon Juice strained
- Fresh Mint Ice Cubes
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to boil in a medium pan
- Remove from heat and add honey, stirring to dissolve
- Add the lavender to the honey water, cover, and let steep at least 20 minutes or to taste.
- Strain mixture and discard lavender. Pour into a pitcher .
- Add a few large sprigs of mint and muddle a little bit
- Add lemon juice and another 2 1/2 cups of cold water and stir
- Refrigerate until ready to use and serve in glasses with lots of ice!