How to Make Simple Roasted Chicken or Guinea Fowl
Everybody has memories of lazy days when the smell of roasting chicken filled the home, and you couldn’t wait for supper. While there are countless chicken recipes to try, sometimes it’s so refreshing to find one that actually holds up to its name with a culinary trip down memory lane. Our Simple Roast Chicken or Guinea Fowl does just that. Literally and simply, a 15 minutes prep, and you’re on the way to a comforting satiating and delicious dinner.
Cook’n With Class has been teaching recipes and kitchen tips, like this roast chicken, since 2007. Their cooking classes are for food lovers and anyone who wants to learn more about classic French cuisine at their Paris and Uzes schools.
Roasted Chicken or Guinea Fowl
- 1 medium Chicken or Guinea Fowl about 1 kilo or 2 lbs.
- 4 oz Butter
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 branch Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Lemon organic
- 12 Garlic Cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start with all the ingredients at room temperature. The butter should be soft.
- Cut the lemon into 6 pieces.
- Stuff your chicken or guinea fowl with the unpeeled garlic cloves, the lemon wedges, and the rosemary.
- With a brush, butter your chicken everywhere, rub with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil into the baking dish and place your chicken on top.
- Bake the chicken for 45 minutes at 190ºC (380ºF)
- Let it rest after the cooking time for 10 minutes before carving.