Cherry Season French Clafoutis Recipe
Clafoutis, most often made with cherries, is one of the classic French grandma desserts. People are most likely to feel nostalgic about this dessert. It was often eaten as an afternoon snack when kids got home from school.
French Cherry Cafoutis
- 15 gr Butter
- 500 gr fruit fresh cherries semi-dry prunes, peaches etc...
- 125 gr Flour
- 50 gr unrefined caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 300 ml Milk
- unrefined icing sugar for dusting if you want
- Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Place the fruit in the dish.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Slowly pour the liquid mix into the flour, beating constantly until all the liquid has been added and you have a smooth batter.
- Pour over the fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the batter is firm to the touch and golden on top.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.