Summer fruit salad with Rosé reduction and mint
This relies on a nice selection of summer fruit and your willingness to share a glug of rosé with these delicious flavours. A light summer fruit salad is and easy dessert recipe by Jeany @MirabeauWine.
Summer fruit salad with Rosé reduction & mint
- 1 Melon
- 1 Pack of Raspberries
- 2 Peaches or Nectarines
- some mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 glass Rosé for the syrup
- Chop the melon and nectarines into rough cubes and set aside.
- Keep the empty melon shells if possible to use as bowls.
- Pour the glass of Rosé into a heavy based saucepan.
- Add the sugar and a few cubes of the fruit you have chopped and two raspberries.
- Add a 1/2 a cup of water.
- Gently boil everything to reduce it to a syrupy consistency.
- Pass through a sieve and pour into a small jug to cool.
- Arrange your cubed fruit salad in a bowl (or the melon skins) and decorate with raspberries and roughly torn mint leaves.
- Pour the syrup over carefully to cover as much of the fruit as possible.
- If you made it much in advance return it to the fridge and get it out 15 minutes before serving.
- Pure summer flavour!